Thursday, August 18, 2016

Hangouts Summary 8-18-2016



Fastest Web Browser. Only 820KB in size. Starts up instantly. No special features, but is a good backup browser or even a good primary one for you surfing, email, and Facebooking.
http://www.fastestwebbrowser.com/



TubiTV - Free streaming. Available on your smartphone and your PC.
http://tubitv.com/

Startup

What can I get rid of in Startup to speed things up and have less running in the background? When I “tune up” a PC, I usually disable all the items in Startup. My experience has been that what needs to be started enables itself. There are many ways to get to the Startup Folder. The Windows way is with Task Manager. Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.



Click the Startup tab to see and disable unnecessary programs. I seem to have a few I can Disable. I leave OneDrive enabled because I want to allow it to sync. Some of those others I could probably disable. You have to look at the list and make a decision.



To see what version of Windows you are running, Win+R and type WINVER, then press Enter (or click OK). A window will appear with information on the version that is running on your PC. The Anniversary Edition is Build 1607.

No comments:

Post a Comment