Had a good turnout today for a runthrough on PICTURES.
We looked at various ways to get pictures or images into our PC:
- From a digital camera by plugging the camera into the PC with a USB cable
- From a digital camera by extracting the SD card from the camera and plugging it into the PC
- From a flip phone by plugging the phone into the PC with a USB cable
- From a smartphone by plugging the phone into the PC with a USB cable
- From a smartphone by emailing individual photos from the phone
- From a smartphone by using Dropbox to automatically upload images form the phone to your Dropbox
- From a website by right-clicking and choosing SaveAs
- From a website by using Greenshot (get it from Ninite.com) and pressing the PrntScrn button on your PC keyboard
We talked about renaming as a group and resizing using the Prishresizer program.
The notes found in the Class Notes explain all we discussed and more. Locate the notes on the link above.
I showed how to use the F11 key to make the browser page full screen. Also reminded the class about the use of Ninite and that the Ctrl + and Ctrl - can be used to make a browser screen larger and smaller. Ctrl 0 brings the size back to normal.
Use the Useful Links button above to locate many of the program downloads we discussed. There is another list at the end of the class notes as well. Please use the links to get Mozy and Dropbox and I will get credit for your download. Thanks.