Saturday, May 24, 2014

Meeting Summary 5-22-2014

This was an open forum meeting. Lots of good questions. Here are what I remembered we discussed:

I gave an example of the dayoftheweek.org website for finding what day of the week any date falls on. I found it the other day when I needed to know about a past date. Fun to use and useful as well.

We reviewed Ninite.com again as a great place to go to add new programs or update existing ones. Just check the ones you want off and click Get Installer. Ninite does the rest and either installs the programs if you do not already have them or updates the ones you have that are out of date. The best thing about this application is that it does the installs without ever asking a question of installing anything except the desired program--no toolbars added, etc.

Need to control someone else's computer or have them control yours? try out Join.Me. It is free and easy to use. I like to watch someone as I tell them what to do on the phone. This way they get to actually do the clicking and typing while I guide them.

Need to make what is on the screen larger or smaller while on the Internet? Ctrl + makes everything larger. Ctrl - make everything smaller. Ctrl 0 brings the size back to normal for your computer. Works on all browsers that I know of.

Someone suggested using an adblocker on the browser. It stops those annoying ads popping up while in Facebook and on other sites. I added it to my browser. Works well. Different  version for each browser. I added AbBlock to chrome from their store.

I know we talked about other items, but I do not remember them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment