A complete 11 page document can be found on Class Notes (see above link). But here is a quick version:
- On one machine open Control Panel and select Homegroup
- Click Create Homegroup
- Change the password so something you can remember or write down the one Microsoft generated for you.
- On the second machine open Control Panel and select Homegroup
- Click Join Homegroup
- Open File Explorer and notice the Homegroup link on the left. You can not access the folders you shared during the setup by clicking on the computer icon
- To share the printer, open Devices and Printers and right-click the printer and choose Share
- The printer will now appear under Devices and Printers on the other computer
We answered a number of questions and demonstrated using Glary and looked at how to get software using ninite.com. Also burned a boot CD with the Lubuntu OS and demonstrated using it. It is a good replacement for XP.