Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Clipboard and More

Have answered a number of questions over the pat few week and I thought these might be of interest to others:

Q: When in AOL, I put something on my clipboard. It had problems running on AOL so I and I went to Google to try it, and I couldn't figure out how to access my clipboard from Google

A: When you copy something to the clipboard it stays there until you copy something else or turn off the PC. Just open another application and paste. (Ctrl+V) what you copied should show up.

It is possible the AOL works a little different. Sometimes Right-click + Copy works within an application but does not save it to the Windows clipboard. If that was what you did try using Ctrl+C instead.

Q: I have a simple question that you taught once before but I forgot the answer. How do you use the Print Screen key? Did you have to copy the screen to the clipboard??

A: When you press Print Screen whatever is on the screen is copied to the clipboard as an image. You can then open any program and Paste it. Like perhaps the Paint program or even a Word document.

Q: I just downloaded Libreoffice and now all my hundreds of documents in MS (Excel and Word) start up in Libreoffice.  I don't want them to do that.  Is this fixable or do I have to uninstall Libreoffice?

A: Open Windows Explorer and locate one of your word files and right-click on it. Then choose open-with. Make sure the checkmark is in the box to use this for all docx files and then click the icon for word. Do the same for your Excel files and your doc files.


No comments:

Post a Comment