Friday, July 31, 2015

Class Summary 7-30-2015

Had some difficulty connecting today. My internet connection is not the best here in KY. I had to use my cell phone and it would not let me use video on a group call. But we made the best of it. Next week we will try using Google hangout instead. I will send instructions along soon.

We had some good interaction about the move to Windows 10. Jerry told us about his experience of doing the upgrade. And how he likes 10.

Here are some good articles that came in my mailbox about the move to 10. Pass them on to others…

Windows 10 is Out Today: Should You Upgrade?
Here’s What’s Different About Windows 10 for Windows 7 Users
Here’s What’s Different About Windows 10 for Windows 8 Users

I mentioned a shortcut to use when deleting files or folders. Sometimes the items being deleted are too large for the recycle bin. Usually you get a message saying so and I button to click to delete them anyway without placing them in the bin. One of our members was trying to delete files from an external drive and was not able to do it. The way to delete and not go through the recycle bin is this. Right-click the folder or file or a group of them. Then hold down the shift key on the keyboard and then click Delete. Ot just hold down shift and press the Del key on your keyboard.

Another member emailed to tell me how she is enjoying the getpocket app on her smartphone. We talked about this one a few weeks ago. Here is the link info once again:
https://getpocket.com/
When you find something you want to view later, put it in Pocket.

And here is a link to a blog that explains it:
http://getpocket.com/blog/2013/09/introducing-pockets-new-app-for-windows-and-chrome-os/

And for those who were on the call, as soon as I got off the phone I found my hidden PC. Now I am updating it with all the current downloads from Microsoft hoping to install 10 on it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment